I have learned to hold all things loosely, so God will not have to pry them out of my hands. --Corrie ten Boom

How Much Longer?

I Knew I Loved You...


Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Garden Is Finally In!

Thomas got started bright & early out in our garden yesterday. He was out there all day. He didn't come in until almost 8PM! The rain finally stayed away long enough to get going on one of his favorite projects of the year. He tilled, weeded, planted & built cages & fencing. It looks great! He planted everything from sunflowers & pumpkins to onions, herbs, jalapenos & cauliflower, plus just about anything else that you can think of! We already have quite the strawberry patch in full bloom. He built a cage around it & we will soon net it as well to keep the birds from picking them clean before we can. Last year the fruits of our labor were awesome. We had quite the garden & a wonderful, bountiful harvest clear through late October. I appreciate his efforts as it is so nice having the fresh vegetables, fruits & herbs throughout the season. Remember last year? I think there are some shots somewhere on a previous blog post from our gardening season before. Anyway, it is looking great already. Pictures of that project to come soon.

I helped him out a little with it yesterday, but not much. I was doing some things inside. I made us a late lunch which we enjoyed picnic style out in the back yard while admiring Thomas's hard work. He has quite the sunburn on his neck & head as a result of his long day.

Oh & about the lunch...I made a new turkey salad recipe. We can't figure out what makes it so great, but honestly, it is the best we have ever had. I will post the recipe soon. It is a great summer treat.

No comments: