I have learned to hold all things loosely, so God will not have to pry them out of my hands. --Corrie ten Boom

How Much Longer?

I Knew I Loved You...


Friday, May 23, 2008

Get To Know Me Better...

For those of you who are not bloggers, you probably don't "get" this, but it helps us all get to know one another.

Favorite person (outside of family): This is a tough one. There are so many people that I cherish & given unlimited time in my life I would love to spend so much more time with each of them just enjoying them & their company.

Favorite food? The answer to this is usually different depending on if I have had something fabulous lately that was new to me. Overall, I really enjoy Mexican & Chinese food in general. Usually I am not a big ice cream fan, but there is this place called "ColdStone Creamery", they have them all over now. http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/ The treats that they have there...oh my goodness! The best! Also, recently Thomas treated me to a visit to the Godiva store while we were in Iowa. I chose this "kabob" that had strawberries, banannas & kiwi on a skewer all dipped & covered in Godiva chocolate. YUM! (These items are all ofcourse for when I am not low carbing, which is not very often. Getting & keeping my weight where I need it to be is one of my biggest struggles! However, these are the things that I would choose to treat myself with now & then for a special occassion.)

Quirks about you? I am an "organizer", love to have things in their place. I use to be a cleaning fanatic as well. I still like things clean, but I am not obsessive about it anymore. Thankfully, I have realized life is too short & that I have better things to do. However, if my "to do list" gets out of control, I tend to begin to panic a little as it tends to make me think that my life is getting the same way too. Another one; I love me a little (okay, a lot) of reality television. Really embarassed to admit that one, but I do. Some of it is right down "smutty" at times, but sometimes I just find myself sucked in. Ten minutes later I am staring at the television watching in disbelief & wondering, "What the heck am I watching here?!?!?" Ugh.

How would the person who loves you the most describe you in ten words or less? Wouldn't this be a question for him or her? I honestly couldn't tell you who loves me more...my husband or my Mother. They both love me unconditionally in a way that no words can describe. I would think they would say..."opinionated (never means to offend, but always means what she says), faithful, organized, good head on her shoulders, (my Mom always says that about me), strong values, honest (too much so at times), willing, philisophical, authentic, grateful"...Okay, I am sure that is at least ten.

Any regrets in life? Regrets? No...things that have happened that I wished wouldn't have, choices I have made that looking back I might have made differently, things I haven't done that maybe I wished I would have...sure. However, as far as regretting any of it, I don't have time for that. Everything that has happened has no doubt shaped me, molded me & made me; the good & bad, who I am today. So, nope. No regrets.

Favorite charity or cause? WorldVision http://www.worldvision.org/donate.nsf/child/giftcatalog_christmas07?Open&campaign=124608133&cmp=BAC-124608133

Favorite blog recently? The Smith's, "Bring The Rain" http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

Something that you cannot get enough of? Time

Worst job you ever had? Hmmm? Never gave that much thought really. Every job comes with its good & bad I suppose. Really haven't had one that was bad enough to say it was the worst. I work to live, never have & never will live to work. A job for me has not ever & will not ever define me. It is all about earning money that is necessary for our family to do the things in life that are important for & to us. I am SO thankful however that Thomas has a career that he enjoys & is so dedicated to though. Even so, he certainly keeps a great perspective & knows his personal priorities as well as our priorities as a family. He is able through his career to provide a very comfortable living for our family & for that I am so thankful to not only him, but to his company as well! He has provided me with the gift of working part time & what a blessing that is for our family!

What job would you pay NOT to have? The President of the U.S.

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? Funny. I just said this very thing to Thomas yesterday, therefore, this answer comes to me very quickly. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the home of the birthmother in which we recently placed our sweet "Emma" back too. The birthmother has two additional very young children & things were not good. I ache to know that "Emma" is okay & long to know what is happening in her world. I realize that this may only make my pain worse, to know her reality, but I am all about being honest here, so that is my answer.

Favorite Bible verse right now? "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Guilty pleasure? "Grey's Anatomy"

Got any confessions? Well, I try to live as my authentic self always at all cost. Lately, there have been times when I am not feeling very happy in my heart. The ache & longing that is within me really never gives me a vacation. At times lately, I have forced a smile or when I have been asked how I am doing by friends & family, I haven't always been very forthcoming. I think that those close to me already know this though & can & do very often see behind my smile anyway though, so a lot of you probably already knew this, so I guess it is not much of a confession really.

If you had to spend $1000 on yourself, how would you spend it? It would go towards traveling. LOVE to travel...anywhere, anytime!

Favorite thing about your house? The family & friends that fill it.

Least favorite thing about your house? The lack of children in it.

One thing you are bad at? Operating electronic stuff...you know, the DVR, my MP3 player & the like...thank goodness for Thomas or I would be in the dark ages! I am a good learner though, so once he teaches me (okay, usually it does take a few lessons!), then I do okay. I am also TERRIBLE at reading maps! I can't find my way out of a cardboard box, really!

One thing you are good at? Organizational Skills, Being honest (really, I think that honesty is a skill-there are so many who are not so great at that these days, right?)

If you could change one thing about your circumstances, what? Refer back to the regrets question. I am trying to learn rather than to constantly want for what I don't have to instead be happy, at peace & grateful for what I do have. This takes effort daily & is often a challenge, but I am trying.

Who would you like to meet someday? Refer to the favorite person question. There are so many people & places too that I know if given the opportunity to meet & spend time with, go to & spend time there; they could; the people & the places, enrich my life in unimaginable ways...

What makes you feel sexy? My husband. Oh, the question was "what", not "who"...well, sorry. I am sticking with my first answer.

Who is your real life hero? Again...too many to mention just one. Living life today in this ol' world is often times so tough & we all get thrown a lot of curve balls. So many people in my life can hit a curve ball out of the park like nothing I have ever seen!

What is the hardest part of your job? Depends on the day.

When are you most relaxed? Depends. However, siting in the backyard with Thomas talking & admiring the garden ranks right up there.

What stresses you out? Running late.

What can you not live without? Faith.

Favorite song, music or band? Or turn us onto to a new artist that you are listening to & enjoying right now. Leona Lewis! WOW! Her songs are incredible & that voice...ubelievable!

Do you agree with the recent article that blogs are authored by narcissists?
What?!?!? No, that is so silly in my opinion.

Why do you blog? Sanity.

No comments: